- Dress Code
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Update Student Information
- Principal's Notes
- Safety Protocols
For safety purposes due to COVID, we cannot allow late lunches dropped off to the building after the school day starts. If a child needs a lunch, they can pick one up from the cafeteria. Also there not parent lunches due to our safety protocol.
Note: All students are receiving FREE LUNCH and BREAKFAST until further notice. The student's account will be noted if they choose to receive a meal, but there is not a cost. This will continue until further notice. There are only a few a la carte items such as water bottles, chips and cookies sold in the cafeteria at this time. A student may purchase a la carte items with money brought in or already on their account. If the account is negative, the student will not be able to purchase any a la carte items without bringing additional money. Items range from 50 cents to $1.50. If you would like to add money to the account or check the balances, you may do so at https://www.myschoolbucks.com
Breakfast may be picked up from 7:15 - 7:35 AM each school morning in the cafeteria at no cost.
FREE and REDUCED STUDENT LUNCH STATUS - you can check your current status or print an eligibility letter by visiting www.schoollunchstatus.com. If you have applied for benefits before, please note that you will need to re-apply for this year's benefits. The Free or Reduced lunch eligibility status also makes students eligible for other benefits, such as reduced school fees, so it is important not to lose your status. Even though there is currently no cost for meals there are other benefits that accompany this status so it is important to keep your status updated each school year by October.
For applications, eligibility requirements, menus and information about the CFBISD Student Nutrition Department, please visit their website:
Student Transportation is very important and in order to keep all of our student's safe and where they need to be, it is imperative that you keep their method of dismissal consistent. Also, we must always have the most updated contact information on file at all times. You may update your contact information at www.enrollcfb.com throughout the year. Please make sure your student knows how they are to get home each day. If a student's transportation method needs to change in the event of an emergency, please notify the student's teacher in writing as early in the day as possible. Anyone new that will be picking up your student needs to first be added to your student's pick up list and they must provide identification.
If you need to change any of your contact information, such as phone number, email address, individuals that are allowed to pick up your student or change the permissions for school photography, you will need to update the information on the registration www.enrollcfb.com.
If your mailing address changes, please send your new residency documents to our registrar Liliana Rangel at firstname.lastname@example.org. We must keep a current copy of your residency documents on file at all times.
Updated Learning Times:
Traditional Learning and Remote Learning will start at 7:50 AM and end at 2:50 PM. Your classroom teachers will provide an updated schedule. It is very important that our students are present in all classes throughout the school day. Pick up begins at 2:55 PM. Please stay in your vehicle.
Doors will open at 7:15. Children cannot be dropped off before 7:15 AM and left unsupervised. FREE Breakfast served from 7:15 AM until 7:35 AM and brought to classroom. Student's should arrive wearing a mask covering their nose and mouth.
- Classroom Instruction starts at 7:50 for both Traditional and Remote Learning.
- Parents will need to stay in the car and drop-off lane at all times. Parents may not come into the building with children. If an office visit is necessary, parents may call the office and schedule a time with Mrs. Rangel.
- All students will have their temperature taken before they enter the building. If a child has a temperature of 100.4, they will be required to be picked up. Per District Guidelines, children may NOT be dropped off early and left unsupervised.
- Children eating breakfast will enter through the front doors, pick-up breakfast in the cafeteria, and walk to their classroom to eat breakfast. Children not eating breakfast will enter the main hallway doors and go directly to class through the cafeteria.
*We are following the CDC guidelines for wearing masks in school. All PK-5th grade students are required to have a mask. We have state-issued masks for children who do not have a mask. We are using the CDC health guidelines and suggestions for wearing masks in school. Each student has a mobile desk office/shield.
- Teachers and staff also wear masks during the day.
- Sanitation Stations: Each classroom has a sanitation station, and this includes surface and hand sanitizer. At high touch points located around the building, we have placed hand-sanitizer stations.
- We have sitting and walking place markers throughout the building to help with maintaining an appropriate distance between people.
- Children will need to bring school-issued Chromebook/IPad home each night and return it the next morning.
- Please self-screen students at home prior to coming to school. Students should not have a fever.
- Most Students will eat lunch in the classrooms this year.
- Per district guidelines, we will not be able to honor lunch with parents or drop off of lunches/fast food. If a child forgets lunch, we will gladly help the child receive lunch through the line. Lunches are not able to be dropped off after the school day begins. Currently all breakfasts and lunches are free of charge. The student's account is noted, but not charged if they choose to receive a meal.
- Milks cannot be selected individually, a meal is included (free of charge) if a student wants a milk.
Pre-K, Kindergarten, Daycare, Buses, and Walkers will dismiss from the side entrance by the cafeteria. If the Pre-K or Kindergartener has an older sibling, he/she will also be dismissed from the cafeteria. Please let your child's teacher know how your child is getting home, but especially if an older sibling is picking up to walk.
- ATB: Children will go to the gym when school dismisses. ATB is located at the back of the building in the gym and open until 6 PM.
- Car Riders: All students who ride in cars will have dedicated spots throughout the building and will be dismissed through the front entrance. Consistency will help with a smoother dismissal, please try to keep the way your child goes home as consistent as possible. Unless there's an emergency, a child should know how he/she is getting home from the beginning of the day.
- Early Pick-Up for appointments will end at 2:30. At that time, teachers are completing end-of-day routines with children. The end-of-day routines are extremely important. If you need to pick up your child early please call the office to schedule pick-up. When you arrive at the school ring the doorbell, tell your name, names of the students and be prepared show your ID. Please scan the QR code and complete the Pick Up information. Anyone that is not on a parent/guardian approved list will need to be added prior to picking up the student at www.enrollcfb.com.
Safety Protocols & Procedures
Protocols for Screening and Isolation
All students and staff will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms regularly and individuals who present with symptoms will be separated and sent home.
- Staff will be required to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms prior to reporting to work each day. All staff will have their temperature taken upon entering any CFBISD facility.
- Parents or guardians are expected to screen their child/ren for COVID-19 symptoms each day prior to sending their students to school. Teachers will monitor students and call the nurse if symptoms are present.
Isolation Protocols for Students or Staff Displaying COVID-19 Symptoms
When a student has displayed symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever, coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath, etc., the school nurse will provide a clinical assessment to determine if and when a student needs to be sent home.
- Students who are ill will be separated from their peers and should be picked up within one hour.
- District communication will be provided to the students/staff who were in contact with a student/staff member who was lab-confirmed positive for COVID-19. Contract tracing will be done immediately upon a test confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Students and staff who have displayed symptoms of (presumptive positive) or tested positive for COVID-19 will be required to isolate for 10 days from the onset of symptoms and be fever-free for 72 hours and symptoms resolved before returning to campus; unless a written alternative diagnosis is received from the healthcare provider and discussed with the campus nurse prior to the student or staff member’s return. Students who have to be in isolation can become synchronous online learners during that time.